AOL Autos have put together some great tips which will enable drivers to avoid getting that dreaded speeding ticket, these are not illegal tips or anything like that, they are just some good common sense tips that will make you aware of those little things that you could be doing wrong.
1. Stay with five and ten mph of the traffic around you, otherwise you will stand out and get noticed by the police.
2. Get into the middle of the pack; the first car will get the first view of anything ahead.
3. No Pack? Find a single car ahead, stay within 100 yards of it, when he spots the police or speed camera, he will brake and that is your warning signal.
4. Avoiding switching lanes, tailgating and aggressive driving, you will be either reported or spotted by the police.
5. Donâ€™t hog the fast lane; it is a giveaway to the police, only use it for overtaking if necessary.
6. Look ahead; on highways you can normally see a parked police car, which is your signal to lift off the gas.
7. Never speed when you are the only car on the road, this is just plain stupid, being the only car on the road is going to get you noticed, if you are only slightly speeding, you could be in trouble.
8. Get yourself a legal radar detector, you get advance warning of speed traps and therefore can take the appropriate action.
9. Do not stand out from the crowd, having a modified, unusal or brightly colored car will get you noticed, are the police going to stop the family sedan or brightly painted customized street racing car?
10. Your appearance matters, if you look like you have just escaped from jail, then you are more likely t be stopped than the respectable family man.
These points are self explanatory, but a you can tell, by doing one or more of the above can increase your chances are being noticed and getting a ticket.
Source [Life Hacker]