The Cobalt stable has been shaken up slightly with most of the changes effecting the sports versions of this little powerhouse.
The company has decided quietly to leave the supercharger off the Cobalt menu, meaning that for someone who wishes to drive a super fast small car will have to be happy with the Cobalt SS or as will be known as the Cobalt Sport.
However all is not lost for in 2008 there will be the all new Cobalt HHR SS, the natural replacement for the Cobalt SS Supercharged, there are quite a few changes to the range, so it is probably best to simply list them.
* (21U) Laser Blue Metallic exterior color
* (56U) Sunburst Orange Metallic exterior color
* LTZ Sedan model
* SS Supercharged Coupe model
* (37U) Imperial Blue Metallic exterior color
* (39U) Blue Flash Metallic exterior color
* (87U) Slate Metallic exterior color
* (JL4) StabiliTrak stability control system
* (NW9) Traction control
* (ASD) Head-curtain side-impact air bag delete for Fleet and Government order types
* (UE0) OnStar delete for Fleet and Government order types
* 1AM37 is now called Sport Coupe and the equipment group code is now 1SP
* 1AM69 is now called Sport Sedan and the equipment group code is now 1SP
* (TV5) Sport Package is now called Performance Appearance Package and is an available option on 2LT Coupe and 2LT Sedan. The 3LT Coupe and 3LT Sedan equipment groups are deleted.
* (ASF) Head-curtain side-impact air bags are now standard on all models
* (US8) AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback is now standard on all models
* (U2K) XM Satellite Radio is now standard on all models
* Instrument panel uppers are now Ebony on all models
* LT Sedan with neutral interior now has wood grain trim
Source [Auto Blog]