Everyone each and every year has a few things that they look forward to. For some it’s Christmas, for others it’s a birthday, but for me, it’s Brock Yates’ One Lap of America – the toughest 8 days of racing in the United States. You see this event signifies my one true vacation per year where I get to cut loose and race around the country with my buddies in fast cars. We did our first event back in 2010 and from then on we were hooked. The One Lap offers three components that no other event out there brings to the table. First, it grants you access to some of the greatest raceways in the United States. Second, it brings together what is probably the best group of people in all of amateur motor sports. And third, it gives wannabe race car drivers like myself the chance to explore the limits of their vehicle in a truly safe environment… oh yeah, it’s also 3,500 mile long. Recently Brock Yates Jr. posted up the proposed route for 2012 and I have to say I’m diggin’ it.
Here is the “proposed” route for the 2012 One Lap of America. Click around and tell me whatcha’ think?
• Saturday May 5th, start at the Tire Rack, afternoon at Autobahn Country Club.
• Sunday, Mid America Motorplex, Pacific Junction, IA
• Monday, Hallett Motor Racing Circuit, Hallett, OK
• Tuesday, High Plains Raceway, Deer Trail, CO
• Motorsports Park Hastings, Hastings, NE
• Brainerd International Raceway, Brainerd, MN
• Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI
• Saturday May 12th, finish at the Tire Rack in South Bend, IN