For all those who have been waiting to get their hands on the least expensive car of BMW, here’s good news. The Bavarian Motorworks company is planning to release all new 3 Door 1-series sometime before the end of the year. Previous Official statement from the company said that it will take 2 years to release this new baby but now the gestation period has been reduced. This new series comes in 5 different models.
- 130i – 265 BHP, 0 – 62 mph in 6.0 seconds
- 120i – 170 BHP, 0 – 62 mph in 7.7 seconds
- 118i – 143 BHP, 0 – 62 mph in 8.7 seconds
- 120d – 177 BHP diesel engine, 0 – 62 mph in 7.5 seconds
- 118d – 143 BHP diesel engine, 0 – 62 mph in 8.9 seconds
Advanced technologies such as regenerative brake energy is being used, along with variable valve technology. The fuel consumption will be efficient thanks to High-Precision direct injection of fuel. BMW says that this technology will increase the fuel economy of upto 3%.