I’m not too sure how I feel about Mitsubishi’s newest marketing campaign. Apparently they’re somewhat disappointed that they haven’t received a cavalcade of awards for their rather boring vehicles, so to combat this they’ve decided to invent some new (and completely pointless) ones of their own. To do this Mitsubishi contacted the Guinness Book of World Records and had them monitor a group of challenges that no one had ever attempted before so that they, and they alone could get into the record books. The idea was to take a 2011 Mitsubishi Outlander and Outlander Sport up to a frozen lake in Alberta, Canada and show off how well their new all-wheel control system works. Click through for the video.
They should be proud as they now hold records in the following useless events:
• Fastest Vehicle Slalom Relay on Ice: 1 min 11 seconds
• Shortest Braking Distance by a Vehicle on Ice (ok, this ones not bad): 56.2 meters
• Most Vehicle Figure-8’s on Ice in 2 minutes: 3 laps
• Greatest Distance by a Vehicle Traveling in Reverse on Snow in 30 seconds (are they kidding?): 300 Meters
• Fastest Driven Square Lap on Gravel: 19 seconds
Yep, congratulations! You succeeded in proving that not only are your cars still boring, but that you also have a shitty marketing company – Bravo!