If you’re a fan of Gran Turismo 5 for the Playstation 3, here’s some good news for you: the Spec 2.0 upgrade is available today. For the low, low price of free, you’ll get:
– Rendered interiors, even on standard cars. Don’t expect the same level of detail you get in premium cars, though.
– Faster load times, so you no longer have time to launch a career and raise a family every time you load the game.
– New cars, including 2011 season NASCAR Sprint Cup stockers and the Nissan GT-R N24 from Schulze Motorsport.
– Improved physics for more realistic gameplay.
– User controllable weather.
– Set-up sheet for transferring settings between cars.
– Mid-race save function for endurance races.
There are a few more bells and whistles that GT Planet revealed, but those are the major upgrades. There’s going to be a new downloadable content pack released soon as well, but it won’t be a no charge upgrade. Expect this to include extra tracks and cars, but we don’t yet know what the price will be when this drops.
Want more good news? To celebrate Sebastian Vettel’s second F1 world championship, Polyphony Digital is giving all GT5 owners a free RedBull X2010 ubercar, plus a special Suzuka time trial event where you can win up to 5,000,000 credits for turning a fast lap time. This is a limited time offer, so be sure to grab the free car the next time you log on.
Source: GT Planet