One thing you can say about Mazda is that the company learns from its mistakes and knows how to carry a good thing forward to the next model year. Get ready U.S. market: the 2009 Mazda6 may just be the best mid-sized sports sedan made in a very long time
Mazda’s success hasn’t gone to its “head;” instead, the company took lessons learned from the first Mazda6 as well as heavy-favored features from the CX-7 and award-winning CX-9 and made an all new vehicle built especially for the North American market.
The 2009 Mazda6 comes in one four-door sedan body style, but there are still plenty of decisions to make! As always with Mazda, take your pick from plenty of equipment levels, interior colors and distinct interior trims.
Then the reason choices begin! There are two series options: the Mazda6 “I” is powered by a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine and the Mazda6 “s” boasts a 3.7-liter V-6 – quite a powerhouse, and certainly not your everyday sedan. The “i” promises a decent 170 horsepower while the “s” version produces a mighty 272 horsepower.
Some other key things to note:
- The new Mazda6 has a 4.5-inch longer wheelbase (109.8-in) than its predecessor — with wider front and rear track. Overall length is greater by 6.1 inches and width rises by 2.3 inches.
- Trunk volume has been increased by nearly 10 percent.
- In both models, all interior measurements are increased.
- Along with output gains ranging from nine to 28 percent, fuel economy also rises.
- The new six-speed manual gear box is standard in the Mazda6 i
- Touring and Grand Touring models feature advanced keyless entry that automatically unlocks the doors upon approach and enables push-button starting
- Also available: Blind Spot Monitoring System, rain sensing wipers and Bluetooth® audio & phone