Just recently I posted up a full review of the 2011 Chevrolet Camaro RS, a car that I thoroughly enjoyed. Its 312 hp V6 was a bit peaky, but still provided all the power that most could want, while costing thousands less than its V8 counterpart. For 2012 though things under the hood may be changing for the base model Camaro in the form of a new 3.6-liter V6 that supposedly makes between 325-330 hp. Labeled the LFX, the engine is a DOHC unit with variable valve timing (VVT), spark-ignition direct-injection and E85 capabilities. If this mill does find its way into the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro it’ll be just another shot fired across the bow of Ford in the pony car wars.
Other specs for the 2012 Camaro include:
• New Carbon Flash Metallic (aka Black Granite) color (2SS and 2LT only)
• 45th Anniversary Appearance Package (2SS and 2LT only)
• 3 sets of 20″ wheel designs (likely one for 45th anniversary package)
• Rear view camera (2SS, 1SS, 2Lt, and 1LT)
• Suspension system special ride and handling (FE4) (2SS coupe, 1SS coupe only)